Immunizations provided for children who need it through “Vaccines For Children” if they have no insurance or are under insured, have medical assistance or pay for it.
- Schedule for persons ages 0 through 18 years
- Catch-up Schedule for persons age 4 months through 18 years
- Schedules for adults by vaccine and age group
- Recommended Vaccinations indicated for adults based on medical and other indications
- Adult contraindications and precautions
Back-to-School Immunization Requirements
IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2020 – 2021 SCHOOL YEAR
(for all students attending school including pre-school):
Two (2) doses of varicella (chicken pox) vaccine are required for all students entering Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade.
- A single dose of Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and aceullular pertussis) vaccine is required for all students entering 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grade.
A single dose of MCV4 (meningitis) vaccine is required for all students entering 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grade.
If you would like your child to receive the Gardasil vaccine starting at age 11, it is available, but it is NOT a required vaccine for school.
- 2017 MDH/MSDE School Immunization Letter
- Vaccine Requirements: School Year – 2020-2021
- Age-Appropriate Immunization Requirements for Children Enrolled in Child Care Programs – 2020-2021
- Sample Student Exclusion Letter
- Spanish Language – Sample Exclusion Letter
- Click here to view the COMAR Preschool & School Regulations
- Maryland Immunization Certification Form (DHMH 896 – October 2019)
- Kindergarten Immunization Rates by County
- Kindergarten Immunization Rates by School
Requisitos de vacunación para el regreso a clases
- 2017 Carta de vacunación escolar MDH / MSDE
- Requisitos de vacunas: año escolar – 2020-202 1
- Requisitos de vacunación apropiados para la edad de los niños inscritos en programas de cuidado infantil – 2020-202 1
- Ejemplo de carta de exclusión de estudiantes
- Idioma español – Modelo de carta de exclusión
- Haga clic aquí para ver los reglamentos escolares y preescolares de COMAR
- Formulario de certificación de vacunas de Maryland (DHMH 896 – Octubre de 2019)
- Jardín de infancia Inmunización Precios por Condado
- Tasas de vacunación de jardín de infantes por escuela
Kent County Health Department will be hosting Back to School Immunization clinics. If your child cannot get the vaccines from their healthcare provider or he/she does not have health insurance you are encouraged to attend a BTS clinic where we can provide these vaccines for free to children aged 2 to 18.
BACK TO SCHOOL IMMUNIZATION CLINIC FLIER
Please plan ahead and work with your child’s healthcare provider to be sure they are up to date with all of the required vaccinations. Your child will not be able to attend school in the fall unless written documentation is provided to the school before the first day of school.
If you have any questions about which immunizations are required for your student, please call your child’s healthcare provider, the school nurse, or your local health department.