Medical Adult Day Center
The Kent County Medical Adult Day Center is a community-based day program licensed by the State of Maryland for health impaired adults. Our mission is to help our clients remain as independent as possible for as long as possible. Qualified and experienced nurses, social workers, activity therapists, and nursing assistants care for each participant. Our professional team consults with clients and caregivers to design personalized plans of care to optimize the quality of each participant´s life. Each plan receives approval from the participant’s physician.
- Nursing Care
- Health Assessment, Medication Management, Blood Pressure Monitoring, Blood Work, Health Education, Personal Care
- Light Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Snack
- CACFP Food Program – Click here to see the non-discrimination statement
- Therapeutic Activities
- Exercise, Socialization with Peers, Games, Crafts, Outings & Special Events
- Social Service Assistance
- Case Management and Counseling, Assistance with Financial Entitlements and Benefits, Accessing Community Resources
- To and from the center, to local medical appointments
- Link to the transportation services page
Fees for services are determined on a sliding fee scale based on family income. Medicaid and Veterans Administration reimbursement may cover fees, if qualified. Some of the costs of the program are offset by funding from the United Way of Kent County. The United Way provides funding to the Kent County Medical Adult Day Care Foundation, which primarily provides funding the Center for the Activities Program.