Inpatient Residential Services
A. F. Whitsitt Center
(Residential Treatment and Detoxification Services)
The A. F. Whitsitt Center is a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week residential treatment facility offering treatment to adults ages 18 and over suffering from chemical dependency and co-occurring disorders.
A professional treatment team comprised of nurses, addiction counselors and staff physician as well as social worker, care coordinator and psychiatrist. A combination of their skills and experience provide a complete program tailored to the needs of each patient. Our program is a variable length of stay with referral to sober living housing as needed.
The A.F. Whitsitt Center also offers a medically monitored Detoxification for alcohol, opiate and/or benzodiazepine dependent individuals.
Residential Treatment Services include:
- Medical Assessment
- Priority Admission for Expectant Mothers
- Nursing and Physician Services
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Relapse Prevention Groups
- Self Help Involvement
- Education Presentations
- – Gender Specific
- – Mental Health Diagnosis and Education
- – Medication Education
- – Integration into a 12 Step Program
- – Grief Counseling
The A. F. Whitsitt Center is an Intermediate Care Facility for those individuals suffering from co-occurring disease. Our mission is to help individuals affected by dual disorders to achieve a better quality of life through prevention, intervention, comprehensive treatment and recovery support services. Our primary goal is the preservation of the dignity and well-being of every patient through the promotion, maintenance and restoration of a happy, productive life.
Our mission is based on six core values:
- Dignity – we believe that every person has a right to be treated with respect.
- Compassion – we feel and show this to each patient and family member.
- Justice – we have the obligation to treat one another without prejudice, with fairness and due process.
- Service – we commit ourselves to the principle that the primary purpose of our work is to serve the good of our patients.
- Excellence – we hold ourselves accountable to the highest possible standards of clinical care.
- Commitment – we strive to provide exceptional treatment services.